Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chennai and me

Sometimes! you will never know that the place you are heading to will be your favorite place in your lifetime. My first visit to Chennai, the Madraspattinam had nothing special to make a bond between me and the city. In fact, i hate the place then. When i reached Egmore, i felt i was forced into a city of robbers, the city of pollution, the city of sun in all seasons, the city of traffic... i saw robbers in every head that moved in the platform and in every strange looks... the coolies, the railway employees, the vendors, even the passengers! and no maters where they are from. I was not aware then that the day gonna be a memorable day. yeah! the bond between me and the city started there...
My first day in the city drove me to experience the hell. That was another fresh new day for Chennai. The station was busy but i was busy guarding my baggage. The road outside the station was more crowded than inside the station. People rushing to their destinations for their work. People! people! people! everywhere... in buses, tea stalls, telephone booths, hotels and everywhere...
Everything and anything about chennai made me mad then... the crowded buses, the hot sun, the humidity that brings out the human sweat, the traffic, signals, noise and air pollution, strange people, worst roads, those colored faces of politicians on walls, those people urinating on corner walls, language/slang...
i was heading back from Chennai, i decided not to visit Chennai in my life again... not even for a day!
But today! After 8 full years... i feel i can't be out of Chennai for a day, not even for a day! Chennai is now my best place on earth. The city of beach that wakes up for coffee, the beach, the people, the travel in sub urban trains, the crowds, buses, flyovers, statues of leaders, theaters, malls, the seasonal rains, the temples and churches, aroma of coffee, pallavaram mount, burger man's burger, sweet pongal at murugan idly, landmark and food court at spencer plaza, music world, tambaram station, aazraya, Chennai sangamam etc etc etc... many sweet experiences,memorable too and few bitter...

Some taught me about life... in a line - Chennai changed my life...

i was planning to write about Chennai and i start from here today!... I will write more about chennai, my experience here, memorable incidence, people and all about chennai!

they will follow this post soon with hope that you will enjoy :)



2 comments:

queserasera said...

Hey i luved ur post...i had the similar feeling when i first stepped into chennai for my college but 6 years later when i had to move to bangalore after my wedding i just cant imagine myself leavig chennai....i guess thats chennai...ur post brings back loads of awesome memories to me....xpecting lotz of posts on chennai from u....

Danny said...

@ Above... thanks for the comments and encouraging... U will read more here about chennai... lot to write...